s!mpL3 LAN Messenger
s!mpL3 LAN Messenger is an application designed to be simple and easy to use while not lacking useful features and functionality. Keeping simplicity in mind, the application requires no complex installation procedure, just a few steps to follow the first time you run it. After that, connecting and chatting with others on your Local Area Network(s) is as easy as can be! Being so simple doesn't mean cutting down on other things, below you can see some of the main features:
- All in one - You don't need to run a server separately, all you need is s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.
- Multi-Network - You can be connected to up to 4 Local Area Networks at a time.
- Sounds - Be notified by hearing a sound of your choice when someone chats you.
- Hide-Key - A key combination to hide/show s!mpL3 LAN Messenger and all its windows instantly which can also be configured to require a password!
- Updater - Stay up to date!
- File Transfers - Send multiple files to other clients, the simple way!
- Encryption - All communication is encrypted with AES 128bit.
- FREE - Yes, completely free!
- Many more...
New features are constantly being added and will be available in future updates!
- Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1) x32/x64
- Local Area Network
- Internet connection (to check for updates)
You can read more about s!mpL3 LAN Messenger here. (AutoIt Forum)
To download the latest version (220.127.116.11) click here.
Version 18.104.22.168 has the following fixes:
- 1. Fixed a bug with the "Sort Treeview" option, if changed while disconnected, it wouldn't work.
2. Fixed the "Language Chooser" window size to show correctly in Windows 8.
3. Fixed "s!mpL3 LAN Messenger download" window size to show correctly in Windows 8.
4. Fixed a bug which would occur when a conversation window would be created by receiving a shake and the main editbox would be disabled.
5. Added an option to keep the tray icon when hidden, clicking it will restore the hidden windows. Notifications and Sounds are still supressed. In order to "hide" s!mpL3 LAN Messenger, use the hotkey or the right click context menu.
Previous versions contain lots of bug fixes, GUI changes/improvements and added features such as:
- Various bug fixes when connections change while connected or disconnected (msgboxes)
- Specific settings not being greyed out as supposed to in Preferences GUI (previously Settings)
- About GUI - re-designed and Updater implemented. License Agreement added.
- Preferences GUI - Completely re-designed to accommodate extra settings, become less crowded and look better. Some settings have been removed for now and will be re-implemented in the future if needed. Also added the ability to mute/unmute sounds. Added File Transfer Preferences.
- Various UI tweaks - OS aware Notifications, moved some settings to the main window, under a new menu called View. Added some new features like the option for the main window and/or conversation windows to appear in the taskbar.
- Status - Your status is visible to others. The tray icon also corresponds to your status and it shows to others next to your name in the Treeview. You can change your status by clicking the icon next to your Username before connecting (cycle through) or by choosing the one you want by right-clicking the tray icon.
- Translations - You now have the option to use s!mpL3 LAN Messenger in your own language! To submit your translation, contact me at the email in the About window.
- Port Changing - You can now change the port used by editing the Config.ini file.
- File Transfers - You can now send files to other users, even multiple files at the same time.
- Updater - Changed update process so no need to download s!mpL3 Updater anymore.